Sunday, December 13, 2020

PERSISTENCE


It has been an amazing journey writing to you since November 2014. 

It gives me great joy each time knowing how much this word has been able to help you in your faith walk. As I bring this expression of my ministry to a close this year, I will be sharing with you one principle that makes your request from God meet with the result.


I know you are beginning to prepare for the New Year and, the hopes are already building up. You may have been putting down things to achieve for the coming year and reflected on those things that didn’t work in the year 2020 to plan better for the year 2021. I use this opportunity to declare to you that the year 2021 is a year of word and prayer. To enter into realms of possibilities, you must come to making the word of God supreme and take prayer as a lifestyle.


So, what is that method that never fails seeking God for a thing?  I mean a style of making a request to God in prayer that will never meet with disappointment.


“And He said to them, ‘Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him, and he will answer from within and say, Do not trouble me, the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you? I say to you, though he will not rise and give it to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs” Luke 11:5-8


Friend, this is the secret- Persistence.


I am sure you are wondering if you hadn’t been persistent before. The definition of persistence here is different which is why you may not have seen the result. Let me show you what this points to.


The interpretation of persistence here is what I call abandonment, not repetition. The woman described in that scripture above abandoned herself to the mercy of her friend regardless of whatever the friend may think of her. It is a way of saying, “I have no other hope anywhere, and so, it is either you yield to me or I die here”. This is what that scripture is showing us.

To get a result that never fails from God, you must learn this principle of abandonment into God’s hands. You can’t be praying for a thing and thinking out the solutions. You are not being as the woman described in the scripture. She never thought to go to another friend or come back the following day. She was ready to be there as long as it would take.


Mary understood this extensively, so when Jesus told her it wasn’t His time at the wedding in Cana of Galilee at the need for a miracle, she just went ahead and abandoned herself to Jesus; He could not resist her action hence the working of the miracle.

Persistence in prayer that the scripture expresses is not in the number of times you make mention of the case in the place of prayer but how strong you are on believing He is got it already. You are steady in believing.


Friend, commit it to His hands and let it stay there. It is what commands result and is summarized in the word known as faith.

May your 2021 be beautiful!


Thank you for the beautiful six years of receiving God's word from me.


I love you.


Stay Innovated

Olufemi Ibitoye


1 comment: